My Wellness Program – An Overview:
My wellness program is centered around education, and addressing the root cause of what we are all trying to avoid – physical degeneration. There are a lot of names and subcategories of illness out there, but ultimately, problems always stem from repeated exposure to indigestible foods, and other stressors – both physical and emotional – that weaken cells, slow metabolism, increase stress hormones, and accelerate aging.
The purpose of my program is to help you learn the truth about how to maintain or regain health – and the fact of the matter is – this truth will vary from person to person.
Can we stop the aging process? No. Can we learn how to take the brick off the accelerator, and age gracefully with all bodily processes intact? Absolutely.
Degenerative disease is devastating and heart breaking. In most cases, it’s also optional. The steady rise in chronic illness we’ve been experiencing over the past several decades is largely a result of widespread, misinformation due to the politics of big business. Prevention is key, but sometimes seems unimportant until a problem surfaces. If your health is currently not what you hoped it would be, it is not your fault. But be aware that you are the only person who can fix it. I don’t recommend relying on someone else to do it for you, or depending on the latest miracle pill — unless relying on luck in a failing system is good enough for you.
My program is rooted in real science. It will empower you with information you’ll use for a lifetime, and takes into account that fact that what you eat is only part of the story. How you eat, and your overall mindset can have a profound effect on healing and wellness. In the end, you will walk away with both a comprehensive overview of your needs, as well as practical information on how to integrate theory into every day life – custom tailored to your specific needs.
While there’s a general sequence in which information flows, you can pick and choose any specific topic(s) that interests you, without having to start in any particular place. During your initial consultation, we can discuss which areas are most important for you to address based on your individualized needs. The sessions work best on a weekly frequency, but can be done monthly, or anything in between depending on your preference.
Healing is a process and takes time, but anyone can begin at any time. It’s just a matter of taking the first step.
As long as you have a phone and email address, we can work together regardless of location.
What I Do — An Overview:
- Customize your diet to meet your unique biochemical needs
- Correct blood sugar and hormone imbalance
- Facilitate natural weight management without calorie counting, deprivation, or excessive exercise
- Strengthen and revitalize your digestive system
- Address the mind/body connection and emotional components of healing and wellness
- Recommend gentle detoxification therapies to boost immunity and accelerate healing
- Identify your Metabolic Type and help you use the information to your benefit
- Provide blood work recommendations and interpretation
- Determine priority issues and areas of high stress
- Offer insight on natural therapies for chronic conditions
- Propose individualized supplement recommendations via energetic testing
- Identify blocking factors preventing you from reaching your wellness goals
- Help rid your environment of unnecessary toxins including electromagnetic radiation
- Answer your health and nutrition questions with easy to understand explanations
- Assist with healthy family meal planning
If weight management is a concern of yours, I have good news. Gradual, lasting weight loss is a natural side effect of my program. It will just happen as you begin to incorporate proper nutrition and lifestyle principles into daily life. It does not involve eating fewer calories or excessive exercise — both of which can actually cause weight gain by damaging your metabolism. Many of the foods you’ve been depriving yourself of or eating with guilt can be enjoyed without worry or negative consequence.
Key topics you may be interested in discussing:
- Adapting to a gluten-free lifestyle
- Addressing food sensitivities
- The importance of ample, high-quality protein for tissue regeneration and healing
- How to avoid the type of fat that is slowly poisoning our cells and metabolism
- Why eating enough carbohydrate is essential and how to choose the right type
- How to reduce and avoid the negative effects of stress and anxiety
- Hormones: Reducing the bad and increasing the good
- Why the thyroid is the most important gland in the body and how to support it to maintain (or regain) health
- How to use exercise to help instead of hurt
- The truth about why cholesterol can sky-rocket, and how to lower it naturally by addressing the underlying causes
- The importance of sunlight and the truth about what really causes skin cancer and age pigmentation
- Strengthening the immune system
- Addressing leaky gut syndrome
- How to use real food supplements safely when food itself doesn’t get you the full distance
- Healthy pregnancy
- Infant/child nutrition
- Sports nutrition
- Pet nutrition
Some of the results you can expect as you progress through my program:
- More energy
- Weight management (especially a reduction in the mid-section/spare tire area)
- Reduced cravings
- Improved digestion (less gas, bloating, constipation, reflux, etc…)
- Improved sleep
- Normalized blood levels (cholesterol, thyroid, glucose, etc…)
- Reduced anxiety and depression
- Reduced pain and inflammation
- Balanced hormones
- Better mood and increased feelings of happiness
Please click the following link: Fee Schedule
However, if you’d like details on the various, optional tools and techniques available for use during the sessions, please visit the following links:
What I Specialize in and Why:
I Specialize in Thyroid, Metabolism, Digestive, and Blood Sugar Issues.
The rate and efficiency at which cells produce energy is called metabolism. Ultimately, all chronic conditions stem from an impairment in the ability of the cells to produce energy. This is why maintaining a healthy metabolism should be a top priority for those of us who wish to stay well.
Understanding the thyroid is in charge of metabolism reveals why it’s the most important gland in the body. If the thyroid is sluggish, metabolism slows, all bodily processes suffer, and we become susceptible to everything that comes down the pipe.
While it’s important to clear infections as they arise, healing the metabolism itself is the ultimate issue at hand. When the metabolism is moving at a normal rate (the thyroid is happy and working well), the body has enough energy to function and heal. In slow motion, it’s difficult to keep up with daily necessities and easy to fall behind. Healing from anything is difficult in this state.
Equally as important, good health is not possible without a well-functioning digestive system because all the nourishment our cells need to stay healthy comes in through the digestive tract.
My practice centers around stabilizing blood sugar, reducing stress hormones, optimizing digestion, and supporting the thyroid. Just about every problem out there can be traced back to thyroid/metabolism insufficiency and digestive issues, both interconnected.
Signs of Blood Sugar Imbalance:
- Abnormal cravings for sweets
- Chronic fatigue or nervous exhaustion
- Afternoon headaches
- Irritability before meals
- Need caffeine to get or keep you going
- Highly emotional
- Sleepy or drowsy during the day
- Difficulty making decisions
- Poor memory or ability to concentrate
- Awaken after a few hours of sleep and have difficulty falling back to sleep
- Heart palpitations when meals are missed or delayed
- Binge eating
- Eating when nervous
- Shakiness relieved by eating
- Dizziness, giddiness, weakness or light-headedness
- Fearfulness or excessive worry
- Butterflies in your stomach or cramps
- Hand tremor
Signs of Poor Digestion:
- Abdominal pain
- Irritable bowel
- Blood in stool
Signs of Low Thyroid Function:
- Weight gain
- Cholesterol issues
- Low body temperature
- Hair and skin changes
- Menstrual irregularities and infertility
- Muscle and joint pain
- Depression and anxiety
- Poor concentration
- Family history
New Client Consultation* – $75
*Required for all new clients, as it’s not possible to make credible recommendations without first knowing who you are and becoming familiar with your history.
Includes the following:
- Preparing an agenda for our meeting, based on the analysis of your completed, comprehensive intake form.
- A One Hour Phone Consultation in which we discuss your concerns and health goals in-depth.
- A detailed summary of all initial recommendations via email.
After I receive your completed intake form, an initial phone meeting is scheduled to go over your history, discuss your concerns in detail, answer questions, and consider initial recommendations.
Your completed intake form must be received 72 hours prior to our first meeting.
2012 – Follow-up Session Fee: $60
Includes the following:
- Extensive informational/educational topic materials
- Discussion of materials – Up to 60 minutes
- Thorough explanation of basic concepts
- Explanation of how the information relates to the individual at hand and addressing all questions/concerns
- Practical recommendations on how to integrate the concepts into everyday life in a way that works for the individual
Please click HERE for a list of suggested session topics and to learn more about my comprehensive Wellness Program.
2013 – Follow-up Session Fees: $50 – $70
Beginning January 1, 2013, my session fees will be adjusted as follows:
- Individual sessions – $70
- Package of three – $65 per session
- Package of six – $60 per session
- Package of nine – $55 per session
- Package of twelve – $50 per session
Why the new upcoming “Package” format?
I am so happy when I can help clients improve their health in real, lasting ways. I am seeing the majority of this type of success when working with clients over a period of time. Of course, there’s real benefit to be gained by single sessions, but for people who are working on chronic issues, 60 minutes is not enough. I chose nutrition as a career because of the great interest I have in it myself, and because helping people (especially over the long run) brings me true joy. The discounted rate for bulk packages encourages people to make a commitment to themselves, and greatly increases their chances of success.
As a reminder, clients always receive a $10 credit for referrals who undertake a new client consultation. So feel free to refer friends and family members you feel might benefit from my services before the end of the year, so they can take advantage of the existing lower rate, while your next session fee is reduced by $10.
Gift Certificates are available in any denomination, and are a very thoughtful gift for someone interested in improving their health through nutrition. In most cases, I can email the gift certificate to you or directly to the recipient on the same day as the request. Simply email me at email@example.com to work out the details.
I respect the fact that sometimes things come up at the last-minute. In turn, I ask that you respect the fact that I spend a substantial amount of time reviewing new client history and preparing for meetings, and work around a tight schedule. Whenever possible I appreciate being notified 24 hours prior to your appointment if you need to cancel.
Payments may be made by personal check, money order, or via PayPal.
Real Food Tastes Good
P.O. Box 277
Washington Mills, NY 13479
Clients are responsible for PayPal fees and any fees associated with returned checks.
Insurance does not cover my services because they are preventative and natural in nature. If your company has a flex spending and/or health savings account (HSA), you can often use these monies to pay for health care services of your choice and/or nutritional supplements. If you do not currently have one of these accounts, ask your employer if this is an option for you.