I Specialize in Thyroid, Metabolism, Digestive, and Blood Sugar Issues.
The rate and efficiency at which cells produce energy is called metabolism. Ultimately, all chronic conditions stem from an impairment in the ability of the cells to produce energy. This is why maintaining a healthy metabolism should be a top priority for those of us who wish to stay well.
Understanding the thyroid is in charge of metabolism reveals why it’s the most important gland in the body. If the thyroid is sluggish, metabolism slows, all bodily processes suffer, and we become susceptible to everything that comes down the pipe.
While it’s important to clear infections as they arise, healing the metabolism itself is the ultimate issue at hand. When the metabolism is moving at a normal rate (the thyroid is happy and working well), the body has enough energy to function and heal. In slow motion, it’s difficult to keep up with daily necessities and easy to fall behind. Healing from anything is difficult in this state.
Equally as important, good health is not possible without a well-functioning digestive system because all the nourishment our cells need to stay healthy comes in through the digestive tract.
My practice centers around stabilizing blood sugar, reducing stress hormones, optimizing digestion, and supporting the thyroid. Just about every problem out there can be traced back to thyroid/metabolism insufficiency and digestive issues, both interconnected.
Signs of Blood Sugar Imbalance:
- Abnormal cravings for sweets
- Chronic fatigue or nervous exhaustion
- Afternoon headaches
- Irritability before meals
- Need caffeine to get or keep you going
- Highly emotional
- Sleepy or drowsy during the day
- Difficulty making decisions
- Poor memory or ability to concentrate
- Awaken after a few hours of sleep and have difficulty falling back to sleep
- Heart palpitations when meals are missed or delayed
- Binge eating
- Eating when nervous
- Shakiness relieved by eating
- Dizziness, giddiness, weakness or light-headedness
- Fearfulness or excessive worry
- Butterflies in your stomach or cramps
- Hand tremor
Signs of Poor Digestion:
- Abdominal pain
- Irritable bowel
- Blood in stool
Signs of Low Thyroid Function:
- Weight gain
- Cholesterol issues
- Low body temperature
- Hair and skin changes
- Menstrual irregularities and infertility
- Muscle and joint pain
- Depression and anxiety
- Poor concentration
- Family history